Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

By Suzanne Collins
Published- September 1, 2009
Summary:
Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribubte Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and long time friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale hold her at an icy distance. Peeta turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol- a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scared her even more is she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.



My Thoughts:
Oh My.  Book number two! Suzanne Collins did it again. She left me wanting more just like the first one! Brilliant writer! Brilliant books! In words I can only explain it as intense. Again, I was left experiencing the raw emotions that Katniss felt throughout the book. In my opinion I know that It will be a great read because not many books can make me feel like that and make me feel as if I am the character or make me sad or angry. It takes a lot for me to feel emotions in books and this one did me in!

The book begins after Katniss and Peeta arrive back home to District 12 after win the Hunger Games with a series of events that leaves you biting every nail off. It follows with Victory Tour, rumors of District 13 and a rebellion on the rise in each of the Districts and the MockingJay and what it represents now to them all. Just as I'm settling into the book and trying to figure everything out that has happened- BAM, Cliffhanger! This book had many of them and left me guessing what was going to happen next and hanging on to the edge of my seat! I couldn't put it down! I didn't want to sleep. 

Now, on to this 'Love Triangle' that seems to get a bit more intense in this book. I usually get annoyed with Love Triangles very easily but this one seems to suck me in. I am leaning more towards "team Peeta" and I hate using that term- TEAM. Very passé. Anyway, Katniss finally comes to realization she has feelings for Gale but still cares for Peeta and Gale tells Katniss how he feels but backs off. And as for Peeta, he still truly loves Katniss and his love only grows stronger for her and is burning. I don't want to say too much about the book because pretty much anything I say or add would give away parts of the book! I think everyone needs to read the series and experience it for themselves! Get the books! You will love them! And if you don't, well I'm sorry but you must be MAD! ;)


 I rated this book:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment